Top 20 Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques in 2022 - A beginner’s guide
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a process to make the contents of a blog or website clearly visible to search engines. Search engines can crawl the content and index it. When any user searches about something related to the contents related to the website, search engines can present the content to the audience.
People search on search engines if they are not sure about the trustworthy source of information. Therefore the search Engine Optimization (SEO) is necessary to rank the contents in an article so that it can reach people.
The Important point to be considered is the role of search engines is to find the content on the internet. Contents must be search engine (machine) friendly, but the ultimate consumer is a human being so valuable, useful, unique, and interesting articles will be accepted by the users.
Once the articles are ranked on the search engine’s result, contents inside need to have enough potential to engage people in reading. Using inorganic means even if the article is ranked in the results of a search engine using optimization techniques only, then gradually people will lose interest, this will cause drop-down in the rank.
In this article, the parameters affecting the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are discussed and the procedure to use the parameters for increasing the readability of an article.
Different types of SEO
- Title Tag
- Keyword Density
- Anchor Text
- Meta Tags
- Image Formatting
- Content Formatting
- Load Time
- Responsive - Mobile
- HTTP Vs HTTPs
- URL Submission
13. Social Media - Inbound
14. social Media - Outbound
15. Website - Inbound
16. Website - Outbound
19. Guest Posts
20. Authentic Reviews
Different types of SEO- There are various perspectives to categorize Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Categories based on the motive used for SEO and implementation techniques used for SEO.
Black Hat SEO- In Black Hat SEO, the guidelines set by Search Engines are interpreted correctly. Analysis of these guidelines is done extensively to find out some points that can be targeted and capitalized to rank the article at the top of the result displayed by the search engine. Technically the article SEO techniques used are correct so the machine may rank these types of articles designed by using Black Hat SEO. As far as Human interference is concerned these Black Hat SEO techniques to deceive the search engine may not stand longer. That is the reason why, many times you search for data, which is ranked higher by the search engine, end up with no or very little content in the article causing frustration in a user.
Ranking achieved in such a manner does not last long. If one applies the same efforts required to find the loopholes in guidelines in writing the organic content with natural intent to help people (readers), the effect of this is long-lasting and causes business and reputation both.
White Hat SEO- In the white Hat Search Engine Optimization Technique motive is to follow the guidelines for mere formatting and re-writing the contents to make the article search engine friendly. This type of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics is also known as Ethical SEO.
Organic environments designed because of White SEO will help search engine algorithms to identify the exact data associated with the term searched by the user. Affiliate, view, click conversions will be higher because the traffic gained is real so both the business of advertisement provider and blog writer will have a win-win situation. Use of this white SEO or Ethical SEO promotes healthy practices to rank the content on Search Engine Result Page (SERP). There are different techniques used like On-page SEO, Off-Page SEO, On-Site SEO, Offsite SEO. Each type deals with different tactics to influence the rank of a page of a website on a search engine's result. These white hat SEO techniques are discussed in detail as mentioned below.
On-Page SEO- Off-Page SEO techniques are related to the structural changes to be done on a page so that it can affect the ranking on the results displayed by the search engine. These Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques are applicable for a page and these tactics are static in nature. In detail description of On-Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) parameters is mentioned below
1. Title Tag- Title of a page needs to be mentioned using the H1 tag, for example, the title of this article needs to be written in this way.
<h1>Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques in 2020 beginner’s guide </h1>
Also use of the keywords in a title should be relevant to the contents used.
2. Keyword Density- Keyword research reveals several facts about the keywords associated with the topic on which blogs are already available. Keyword research tool like UberSuggest, SEMursh, Google Trend, Wordstream can be used to know about the keyword to be targeted. Generally, high volume and low competition is an ideal case to shortlist the keyword followed by the Cost Per Click (CPC) of that keyword.
Preference should be in this order (High to low for each point)
Trends along with the points discussed above give the better result. Effective use of keyword density in content gives a better chance to get ranked higher but it is to be ensured that the use of the keyword should make sense.
3. Anchor Text - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) gets an extra boost when the reference is given to the contents in the same article or the article on the same website.
For Example - The link indicates the information with the help of the link mentioned below-
<ahref="https://www.webxpedition.com/2020/04/free-website-hosting-2020.html">Best 15 Free website hosting service providers in 2020 </a>
4. Meta Tags - Meta tag is the description of the tag. For Example, consider the term and the information to be displayed against the same.
To provide the information about the content Meta Tag is used for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of that content. This means search engine displays the information quoted - “completely free of cost hosting service providers are mentioned with the detailed analysis of the service provided in 2020”
<meta name=”descreption” content=”completely free of cost hosting service providers are mentioned with the detailed analysis of the service provided in 2022”>
5. Image Formatting - Guidelines to display are used to apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for image separately. The use of this type of tactic may rank an image in the search of an image on the search engine, this increases the probability of finding the article with the help of an image with SEO. An example of the Image sitemap is as mentioned below.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Image alt Attribute - This can be compared with the MetaData, where description about the content is described. Here width and height are also described for an image so that the speed of loading is improved.
<image src=”images/SEO/offPageSEO.jpg” alt= “Techniques used for offPageSEO in 2020” width= “200” height=”200”>
6. Content Formatting - Formatting of the content with the help of the suitable tag that is whether the given peace of an article is Title or subtitle tags like H1 and H2 are used accordingly. This technique not only helps in Search Engine Optimization of the content but it also increases the readability of the content for the reader.
7. BreadCrumbs - Breadcrumbs is the way to facilitate the navigation for a website. Readers always have the choice to navigate to any page in any section mentioned on the website. This is very important to consider the accessibility of all relevant pages by providing easy access that will increase user engagement. Example of BreadCrumbs is given below
Internet Marketing>Search Engine Optimization>Off Page SEO
The use of the breadcrumbs is advisable especially in a situation where there are multiple categories and the specialization of generic categories is represented in progression.
8. Load Time- Loading time is one of the important deciding factors in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Lesser the time required for processing, the higher will be the rank on Search Engine’s result page. The blog may have images, videos, and other data but still by using compressed Multimedia and hosting options providing the plans with high configuration will serve the purpose.
9. Responsive (Mobile Friendly) - Blog must perform in the same way whether the request has been made from Mobile, Tab, and other devices. This property is known as responsive property. It can be implemented with the help of ready-made responsive templates. Mobile-friendly sites are ranked higher than the website supporting the desktop kind of a version only. The reason for ranking these sites higher is very simple, search engines need not worry about the device of the client and the device to which the serving website supports.
10. SiteMap- is a short description of the pages and their internal linkages. Crawlers need to know the association of all the pages on a blog or clear information about the data and Multimedia in detail. This helps in not overlooking any data by the crawlers. Thumb rule works rigorously if the blog contains a complex structure and a lot of Multimedia otherwise for a startup blog sitemap is not hard and fast.
11. HTTP Vs HTTPs - HTTP is a protocol on which web applications are executed. When a user searches for data, it is a search engine that redirects the control of the user to a particular website related to the result of a query. Search Engines generally prefer the blogs or websites following HTTPS because of the security provided to the user. Therefore the use of HTTPS not only secures communications associated with the site but also gets an edge over the sites using HTTP.
Off-Page SEO - Off-page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is related to the flow of links building the authority of a website. This is also referred to as an Off-Site linking with respect to the linkages built outside of the blog. Off-Page SEO can be defined in one word as a link.
12. URL submission - Once the blog or a website is complete, to let the search engine know about the updates of the articles on the blog.
Submit URL to Google- Google offers a search console to support Search Engine Optimization (SEO). One needs to open the search console and enter the URL of a website.
There are various ways to submit a URL to Google by uploading the file generated or creating the Meta Tag in a head part of a website's main page.
Once the URL is indexed by a Search Engine like google is doing in this case, the Following screen is displayed. How to verify, whether the site is really indexed on google or not? Open Google.com and enter the website name and check whether it is displayed on the result page displayed by Google search engine or not. Here rank is not at all a concern but the availability of site on a search engine’s result is ensured
Similar to Google the URL submission to other search engines is also necessary like Bing, Yandex, and Baidu. There are other search engines and directory submissions are also available, one can submit the URL to a maximum number of sites.
13. Social Media - Inbound- Discussion about the blog or about the specific contents discussed in a blog at various social media gives authenticity for a blog. Traffic is redirected from Social Media to a blog hence it is called Inbound Social Media.
14. Social Media - Outbound - Opposite to the points that we discussed earlier in the context of Inbound Social Media. Here the administrator or Subscribers share the content across social media so that the information flows from a website to social media again creating the base for Inbound Social Media traffic.
15. Website - Inbound - Traffic source is a website and a backlink generated at that website refers to the traffic from that website to your website. Shortlisting the website having high domain authority and building a link from a website boosts the performance of a website significantly.
16. Website - Outbound - Some follow or No-Follow links should also refer to some other websites to improve the Search Engine Optimization of a website.
17. Comments - Engagement of an audience is the highest form of recognition for any website or blog. Therefore comments made by readers are much more important than anything else. Every comment needs to be acknowledged and addressed seriously.
18. Forum - Blog is designed for information, troubleshooting at the end facilitates the user. This type of user with their real issue can be found at forums like StackOverflow, quora, Reddit. Answering their query and providing a link referring to a website can generate huge traffic to your site.
19. Guest Posts - Links can be generated from the high Domain Authority website by writing the guest posts. This proves your knowledge and results in creating some high quality and quantity of audience to check your posts on the website.
20. Authentic Reviews - Authentic review writing by reviewer using Google Review or any other genuine review system turns into a lead magnet for traffic at your website. Promote users or audiences to share their experience with some testimonials, feedback, or third party review.
Applying the points discussed above really boosts traffic of a website making the real appearance at various search engines. The focus should be the organic flow of information from your website carrying some benefit to readers.